Located in the grounds of Nether Alderley Primary School, Little Eagles Pre School is a small rural Pre School offering fun play-based learning to a maximum of 16 children. It is a great place to start your child's education. We offer a caring, exciting and stimulating environment for your children to learn. All this provided in a beautiful rural setting conveniently near Macclesfield, Alderley Edge, Wilmslow & Chelford.
Available for children aged 2-4 years old, we are registered to provide 30 free early years entitlement hours to children aged 3 and also some 2 year olds providing they meet certain criteria. Details for those eligible to receive Free Early Education Entitlement funding can be found on this link. We are affiliated to the Pre-School Learning Alliance.
Pre school opens at 8.45am and closes at 3.15pm with the option of morning, afternoon, and all day sessions. Each of these can include lunch for an extra small fee if preferred or a packed lunch can be brought in.
All staff are qualified and experienced in all areas of early years and provide the highest quality childcare.
Wherever possible we aim to provide a higher ratio of staff to children than is required to give maximum benefits to the children.
Read our most recent OFSTED report here, we were awarded a 'GOOD' Read the full report here.
All our activities are planned in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage and encompass Every Child Matters. We work around a theme for a half term and incorporate child initiated learning into our planning. Wherever possible we have “freeflow play” where the children can select what they do – whether inside or outside.
Children will be given opportunities to:
- play alone and with other children
- take turns and care for one another
- speak and listen
- experience a range of sensory materials
- paint, glue, crayon, chalk and use scissors
- model with construction, play-doh, clay, etc.
- dress up and pretend
- cook and bake
- gain early numeracy and literacy skills (Jolly Phonics)
- dance, sing and play with musical instruments
- listen to stories and enjoy books
- use computers and programmable toys •explore outside and find out about the world around us
- and most of all make new friends and have lots of fun!
This terms focus areas can be seen here.